WE United currently offers a number of educational initiatives:
Video Feedback – This program provides a way for people to receive feedback from WE United licensed judges on their Dressage and Ease of Handling rides. Participants enroll in the video feedback program by completing the WE United Video Feedback Order form (click to open up the .PDF file) and then upload their videos to YouTube. Licensed judges are assigned to review and provide written feedback, through email. This program is primarily intended to support developing competitors who live in areas that do not have access to WE competitions, but participation is open to all members. This is an educational program and is not a competition program.
Online training exercises through our affiliate Working Equitation Simplified. These exercises provide an incredible addition to your training toolkit. They are designed to fit into small spaces, perfect for fine-tuning your skills when it’s too hot, too cold, or too wet to ride outdoors.
Instructional DVDs – The Pedro Torres DVDs are available to all people, regardless of organizational affiliation. They are a great resource for learning about how to prepare your horse for Working Equitation from a Portuguese master. We encourage people to invest in the “Pedro Torres: Training Working Equitation” DVD series. These DVDs can be purchased by completing this order form. Each of the DVDs covers a unique topic, with the goal being progressively building both horse and rider.
- DVD 1: Introducing your horse to obstacles
- DVD 2: Sidepass pole
- DVD 3: Initial training for turns
- DVD 4: Refining the turns
- DVD 5: Techniques of preparing for the Single Slalom
- DVD 6: Refining the Single Slalom
- DVD 7: Parallel Slalom
- DVD 8: Figure 8 and Drums
- DVD 9: Ease of Handling & Speed
- DVD 10: International Dressage Test
WE United Professional Equestrians – The WE United Professional Equestrian Program is designed to educate and provide recognition for clinicians and trainers who wish to grow the sport of working equitation, help educate the body of WE United, and further their career.
The WE United Professional Equestrian Program is a leveled system based on established criteria of the individual applying for WE United Professional Equestrian (WPE) recognition. Applicants to the Program submit an application, bio, resume, references, and pay an application fee when applying for WPE recognition.
WE United Professional Equestrians will be recommended to the public as having met the criteria for recognition. This program is designed to give people a level of confidence that those whose services they are seeking have significant relevant Working Equitation experience. This program is intended to be both challenging and rewarding.
Requirements for all applicants
- All Applicants must have a current WE United membership and maintain that membership in good standing.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must submit a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 with their Application Packet
- A completed Application Packet must include:
- Recognition and level of interest: Clinician or Trainer.
- Applicant’s competition scores.
- Three professional references: name, phone number, email
- Nomination form from two of the following: WE United board member, WE United Professional Equestrian, WE United “R” or “S” judge, WE United Professional Equestrian Committee member, or an equine professional recognized by a national equestrian registry/association.
WE United will offer Professional Equestrian recognition for both Clinicians and Trainers. In both cases, applicants will need to document their experience / continuing education in the following areas:
- WE United Rules
- Experience from a Judge
- Experience from a Clinician
- Experience from Private Lessons
- Experience from a WE United Approved Educational Event (such as a Judge Training Seminar or Trainer Training Event)
- Experience from Competition
For complete program details, including the application packet, please CLICK HERE.
Clinics – WE United helps promote a variety of educational opportunities throughout North America by sharing information about clinics, schooling shows, and educational ‘play days’ across the country. Check our EVENT calendar regularly for new opportunities to learn more about Working Equitation!
Special International Clinic with 2002 WE World Champion and 2011 Bronze medalist Fabio Lombardo offered in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This clinic is being planned for the summer of 2018. Please contact our Region 6 Director Kimberly da Silva for more information email@example.com.
Judge and Technical Delegate Seminars –
WE United hosts annual Intensive Judge Seminars as well as Technical Delegate training opportunities.
Our 2017 Intensive Judge Seminar was taught by two WAWE International Judges from Portugal: Mário Pimentel and António Vicente. The seminar took place March 14-18, 2017 in Eugene, Oregon and included three days of classroom seminars (also open to silent auditors), one day of practice judging (at a licensed show), and one day of debriefing the judging experience, as well as oral and written exams and a lengthy interview conducted by the four members of the Licensed Officials Committee.
Our 2017 Technical Delegate Training was taught by Bruce W. Menke and included a day of apprentice TD service (optional for attendees), a full day of lecture, as well as both closed and open-book exams and a lengthy interview conducted by the four members of WE United’s Licensed Officials Committee.
The 2018 Licensed Officials Seminar will be run in collaboration with the Confederation for Working Equitation.
Please note: attendance at WE United Judge seminars does not guarantee that you will be issued a judge license. Please refer to the WE United Judge Program for specific requirements for WE United Judge Licensing.