- Member discounts at WE events across the country
- Automatic entry into Rider Performance and Horse Awards Programs
- Free recording of your horse, for tracking performance over the years.
- Eligibility to vote in elections and serve on the Board of Directors.
- Invitations to educational seminars on training, competing, and judging, including eligibility to participate in online video feedback/critique provided by licensed WE United judges.
- Opportunity to have WE Events you host added to the WE United events calendar.
- Eligibility to become a WE UNITED licensed Instructor/Clinician or Trainer (additional requirements will apply).
- Eligibility to become a WE UNITED judge (additional requirements will apply).
Elections will be held each Fall to elect members to the following positions:
Regional Directors (Regions 1, 3, 5, and 7 will elect their Directors in odd-numbered years (2017, 2019, 2021, etc., while Regions 2, 4, and 6 will elect their Directors in even-numbered years (2018, 2020, 2022, etc.)
All current US WE United members in good standing, 18 years of age and over, are eligible to vote in WE United elections.
The person who was elected to the position of President Elect in the previous year's election rotates into the position of President, while the President rotates into the position of Past President. The elected board then appoints a Treasurer.
WE UNITED offers:
Membership Open to All:
We welcome all who are interested in Working Equitation to join us. Memberships in WE United are available for individuals ($25/year) as well as for families ($50/year, for up to 2 adults and 6 children).
- These rates may change in the future, as needed, to support regional / state-based initiatives to help promote Working Equitation across the country.
The Only WE Organization in the United States with Direct Member Vote:
WE United, a 501(c)(3) public benefit charity, is run by a Board of Directors elected directly by our members. Each adult U.S. member is able to vote for President, President Elect, Secretary, and the Regional Director from their region. The Treasurer is appointed by the Board. All Officers are elected for one-year terms, with the ability for re-election in subsequent elections. Directors are elected for two-year terms, with the ability for re-election.
(Note: in our first election, Directors from odd-numbered regions (R1, R3,R5, and R7) were elected to one-year terms while those from even-numbered regions (R2, R4, and R6) were elected to two-year terms. This pattern was instituted to enable us to have more continuity moving forward. Once this first year's term of office ends, the Association will never half more than half of its Directors changing during an election cycle.
In our first election, held in the fall of 2016, over 68% of eligible voters participated, a voter turn out that speaks volumes about the commitment our members feel to this sport and organization.
Performance Awards Programs:
WE United has active Performance Awards Programs, a major benefit of membership. These programs recognize individual riders and horses, as well as horse/rider teams for their accomplishments in the sport. In addition, we partner with a variety of Breed Associations to recognize the top-performing horses from those breeds competing in WE United events across the country.
Each month, we sent out an email newsletter to all our members, highlighting events and accomplishments across the different regions.
Many educational events, such as clinics, seminars, and schooling shows, offer discounts for WE United members, and membership is required for all licensed WE competitions. In addition, we have partnered with La Victoria, a Florida-based company that provides high-quality supplements to support performance horses in their work. All WE United members receive a 10% discount on La Victoria products.
JOINING WE UNITED
The easiest way to join WE United is to click on the "Join Now" button on our website. For people who prefer to sign up through the mail using a regular check, you may print the membership application and send it to us through U.S. mail.