We are delighted to announce the launch of the WE United Professional Equestrian Program.
The WE United Professional Equestrian Program is designed to educate and provide recognition for clinicians and trainers who wish to grow the sport of working equitation, help educate the body of WE United, and further their career.
The WE United Professional Equestrian Program is a leveled system based on established criteria of the individual applying for WE United Professional Equestrian (WPE) recognition. Applicants to the Program submit an application, bio, resume, references, and pay an application fee when applying for WPE recognition.
WE United Professional Equestrians will be recommended to the public as having met the criteria for recognition.
This program is designed to give people a level of confidence that those whose services they are seeking have significant relevant Working Equitation experience. This program is intended to be both challenging and rewarding.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- All Applicants must have a current WE United membership and maintain that membership in good standing.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must submit a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 with their Application Packet
- A completed Application Packet must include:
- Recognition and level of interest: Clinician or Trainer.
- Applicant’s competition scores.
- Three professional references: name, phone number, email
- Nomination form from two of the following: WE United board member, WE United Professional Equestrian, WE United “R” or “S” judge, WE United Professional Equestrian Committee member, or an equine professional recognized by a national equestrian registry/association.
- Applications will be accepted after 1 December, 2016 to allow applicants sufficient time to assemble their application materials.
- WE United will publish WPE name, contact information, photo and bio on the WE United website, and maintain a PDF of current WPE members which will be emailed to members and made available at WE United events.
- WE United will supply a letter of recommendation to each approved WPE as proof of recognition in the WE United Professional Equestrian Program.
- Beginning 1 January 2017, a WPE may apply for advancement in January or June each year. A WPE must hold their current recognition for twelve calendar months prior to applying for advancement. An updated Application Packet and fee must be submitted when applying for advancement.
- WPE recognition is valid as long as continuing education requirements are To maintain recognition, WPEs must submit a year-end summary to the WE United Professional Equestrian Committee for review, along with a copy of a current professional equestrian liability policy. This material must be received by 1 January.
WE United will offer Professional Equestrian recognition for both Clinicians and Trainers. In both cases, applicants will need to document their experience / continuing education in the following areas:
- WE United Rules
- Experience from a Judge
- Experience from a Clinician
- Experience from Private Lessons
- Experience from a WE United Approved Educational Event (such as a Judge Training Seminar or Trainer Training Event)
- Experience from Competition
For complete program details, including the application packet, please CLICK HERE.