The United States Equestrian Federation has announced that WE United has been added to the list of official USEF Alliance Partners, effective February 24, 2017.
Our Alliance Partnership signals WE United’s commitment to work with the official governing body for equestrian sport in the United States, the USEF. In addition, the Alliance Partner program enables WE United to promote the sport more widely, through sharing news with USEF members through the USEF’s marketing network.
It is worth pointing out that this designation does not yet mean that Working Equitation has been recognized as a stand-alone discipline within USEF. To add a new discipline, USEF requires that a variety of conditions be met. Among them:
- A strong and substantial member base. WE United is well on our way to growing our membership to the levels required for official recognition as a stand-alone discipline, but we are not there yet. Every membership counts! If you would like to see the sport of Working Equitation fully recognized by USEF, please consider an individual ($25/year) or family ($50/year) membership to help us reach the required threshold.
- Three years of financial records. WE United is currently in our second year of operation as a 501(c)(3) public benefit charity. We anticipate being able to meet this particular requirement right on time, thanks to the hard work of the Treasurer and elected Board!
- Judge Training and Licensure programs. WE United has a Licensed Officials Committee, currently made up of five highly-qualified volunteers (experienced judges and/or high-level WE competitors) as well as a published Judge Program, and we’re hosting a five-day Judge Seminar taught by two highly-respected International WAWE judges in March of 2017.
- Competitions. Our Show Licensing and Oversight Committee oversees the licensing process for competitions that take place all across North America. Results are posted on our website, points are tracked through an online database, and both membership and horse recording numbers are publicly available through the website.
As an Alliance Partner WE United receives the following:
- Opportunity to submit news about the organization for inclusion in Equestrian Weekly
- Listing and link to Alliance Partner website on usef.org serve as a reference directory for 80,000 plus members and general public inquiries
- Receipt of all USEF Press Releases and E-News.
- Equestrian magazine – the USEF’s award winning digital publication
- Use of “USEF Alliance Partner” logos on our website
- Access to use of USEF Breed/Discipline Rules at competitions as defined in USEF GR204.3 and GR204.4
- USEF Certification as a USEF Alliance Partner
Working Equitation competitions are not yet governed by the United States Equestrian Federation, but recognition as an Alliance Partner is a tangible step in that direction.