Since WE United launched in February of this year, membership has been growing steadily across the United States. As of March 3, 2016 WE United has 162 registered members and 88 recorded horses representing a wide variety of breeds including Andalusians, Warmbloods, Australian Stock Horses, Quarter Horses, Mustangs, and many more! In addition, we now have members in every region. You can see complete, up-to-date listings of WE United members, here, and recorded horses, here.
WE United consists of seven regions:
- Region 1: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
- Region 2: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii, and U.S. territories in the Pacific.
- Region 3: Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Colorado.
- Region 4: New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
- Region 5: Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.
- Region 6: New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Region 7: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and U.S. territories in the Atlantic.
A complete calendar of Working Equitation events in the United States is available online, here. Shows, clinics, and educational Working Equitation activities are taking place throughout the country open to WE United members and non-members alike.
If you or your family are interested in supporting the continued development of Working Equitation in your local area and in the United States at large, please consider joining us today. WE United is currently in the middle of a free open enrollment period–February 15, 2016 to April 15, 2016–for anyone who is currently a member of WEIAUSA or USFWE.